Feeling inspired this afternoon I ventured over to Pinterest in hopes of finding an easy DIY bread recipe. After getting sucked into the vortex that is Pinterest I found a few that may work – now I just need a bread maker. If you follow me on Instagram you’ll know I love a good spelt wrap, in fact I eat one if not 2 per day. At $5.99 a pack they can get pricey so I thought I’d attempt to make my own.
These are hot off the stove so I’m going to guess they taste best day of, however, if you let them cool properly they should keep in the fridge for a few days! You’ll need only 4 ingredients for these! Here’s a quick video so you can get an idea of the process….
- 3 Cups Flour – I used Spelt
- 1/4 Cup Oil (olive oil or coconut oil)
- 3/4 Cup Cold water
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix well with a fork, then switch to your hands when dough gets thicker.
- Separate the dough in half, then make 4 balls from each half.
- Sprinkle a little flour on your clean counter and roll out each ball – use a rolling pin or your hands. Keep other balls in a covered mixing bowl.
- Place in a frying pan (non-stick) and cook for 30-45 seconds per side, you’ll be making on tortilla at a time.
- As they are ready place them on a damp cloth and keep them covered.
- Repeat the process and keep adding to your stack!
If you want to get creative you could add some spices in and make flavoured ones! These are a little more fragile than the store bought ones but go easy on the fillings and you should be just fine! For crispier chips, bake in the oven after cooking and use them for a base of a taco salad or for dipping!